Sunday, October 30, 2011

Chapter 4: Profile of the Lukewarm

Tough chapter. A balance between being challenged but not allowing ourselves to become overwhelmed.

"Do not assume you are good soil"... God doesn't want us to become complacent. We should be ever seeking knowledge, an increasing faith, and a deeper love and desire to become like Christ... Often as we are drawn nearer to Christ, we recognize how and where we have fallen short of Him.

"Thorns are anything that distracts us from God"... In Luke 18, Jesus told one follower to sell everything he had and to come and follow Jesus. What is distracting us? What has become our higher priority than Christ alone? What decisions do we make daily that reveal our answer to that question? I can't speak to the future, but I know today I'm not called to sell everything to follow Jesus. I know I am called to be a light in my workplace, to be a patient and loving wife and mother (x4!). I know that to do that, I need to be spending more time in study. Every day I make decisions with my time, and every day I run out of time. I commit to being in the Word this week before anything else happens in my morning or day.

As more than lukewarm Christians, are we seeking out what more we can do? what more we can give? Or have we become complacent feeling like we've done or given enough?

In Christ, I know I have something good. I have a Friend, Counselor, Father. I have unconditional love and acceptance. I have hope and guidance. I want to live my life so that others want to know more about it, and I want to live my life so that others are drawn to Christ. I want to live into the opportunities that allow me to share what my Faith gives me.

No comments:

Post a Comment